On March 19, 2017, MULTIPLi had the privilege of supporting our friends, Rev. Mutinda Musyimi and his wife, Jennifer, as they launched City Church Nairobi. Pastor Mutinda and Jennifer had been praying for years about launching their own church, so this special celebration was long-awaited. The amazing day was attended by over 300 people!
[Special thanks to Nevlik Photography for some of the photos featured in this video.]
City Church Nairobi is located on the grounds of an elementary school. They have a large meeting area, spaces for offices, and access to the classrooms on the weekends for children’s Sunday School classes. Pastor Mutinda shared that many years ago on a prayer walk he had seen this school and thought it would make a lovely location to plant a new church. Yet, since there was already a church meeting there, it seemed a selfish request of the Lord. As CCN was searching for a location, the committee learned that the church that had occupied the school had recently moved to a new location and pieces began to fall into place, just in the Lord’s timing!
The launch service included special music from various groups along with a message from Pastor John Njoroge of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries and a lovely Kenyan lunch on the grounds.
During the week after the launch, the MULTIPLi mission team also had the opportunity to provide training to the security team of CCN and to the leaders of the children’s ministry. Our team included a former policeman, Brian Waters, who is currently the head of security at Christian Life Cathedral in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Brian was able to observe the grounds and processes for the church service and train CCN leaders in how to setup check-in processes for children and other security issues that will help make CCN a safe place for all to worship. Pastor Tony Harrison, also of Christian Life Cathedral, is a Children’s Pastor who trained the CCN leaders with a children’s curriculum that will provide years of quality training for some amazing kids!
We were blessed to be a small part of this exciting day and the start of a transformative ministry in the city of Nairobi. Please continue to pray with us for Rev. Mutinda Musyimi and Jennifer as they pastor this church. Pray that God would continue to provide leaders to minister alongside this precious couple, and pray for the financial provision for a lasting impact in Kenya.
Here are some specific ways that you can pray:
- Pray for growth as CCN encourages their members to invite new people to come each week. Pray for an upcoming evangelistic campaign to reach many new neighbors to join this community.
- Pray specifically for the financial needs of sound equipment (approximately $15,000) and a repair that needs to be made to the roof.
- Pray for the development of the church processes, such as the membership process. Pray for wisdom so that the plans that are put into place now will structure the church for growth and longevity.
- Pray for possible sale of the grounds on which the church is meeting. Pray that God would bring new owners who will honor the church’s rental contract for the meeting room and office spaces.
- Pray for upcoming training events about serving in the church and a full-day Parents and Children’s event.